This is an online ruler, it could be adjusted to an actual size, and has both metric and imperial scale units, before you use it, please set the pixels per inch to your own device. This is useful to me and welcome to share it or use it.
Adjusting this virtual ruler to actual size
8 inches actual size
- My laptop has a wide screen, size 13.6×7.6 inches, and resolution is 1366×768 pixels, we can calculate this, 1366 divided by 13.6 is 100.44, so the pixels per inch is 100.44
- Search “display by pixel density” online, i am lucky and found my screen has 100 pixels per inch.
- Check your wallet, use any paper money to be our compare object, then search “the width of your paper money” online, when you know the width, you can calibrate the ruler setting via adjuster.
- The most accurate way, after i measure the size of virtual ruler by an actual ruler, i found the markings are not very accurate at 30cm, so i adjust the default pixels per inch to 100.7, now i get an online actual size ruler.
- Each device has their own pixels per inch on screen, for example, my Asus laptop is 100.7, Apple MacBook Air is 127.7, Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 is 163, my mobile phones (Sony Xperia C5, OPPO R11 Plus) are both 122.6, Apple iPhone 5 is 163, iPhone 7 is 162, iPhone X is 151.7.online ruler inches